Monday 18 May 2015

Mongoose Lager


We’ve all had a Cobra with our chicken Balti and we all know it tastes pretty good.

Mongoose lager, like it's animal namesake is challenging the curry house snake head on. The brand isn't even shy to admit it with the label depicting a Mongoose with a Cobra in it's mouth. 

Like Cobra this beer is very smooth but it has slightly more of a hoppy taste to it. This can be seen two ways, firstly it’s a better stand alone drink. I struggle to drink a Cobra without a curry in front of me. But saying that I do like the way Cobra doesn't interfere with my curry. For this reason I won’t be changing my curry house staple. So unfortunately for Mongoose I won't be buying it again, as there are better stand-alone lagers out there.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment